The crypto overview (May 23, 2022)
This overview reflects the current situation of major crypto assets, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, Cardano, Binance coin. The previous week showed the struggling of the majority of crypto assets. The global cryptocurrency market cap has decreased 2% over the last day to $1.29 trillion. According to CoinMarketCap data, the total crypto market volume over the last 24 hours increased by 28.89% to $62.37 billion. The total volume on DeFi was $8.22 billion, which is 13.17% of the total crypto market 24-hour volume. Stable coins volume was $53.70 billion, which is 86.09% of the total crypto market 24-hour volume.
The dominance of Bitcoin as the main crypto asset increased to 44.58% compared with the data from May 16, 2022. According to the CoinMarketCap website, the Bitcoin price decreased by 0.65% in the last 7 days. In the last 24 hours, Bitcoin price decreased by 2.41%.
Other main crypto assets showed different from Bitcoin trend.
1. ETH price has decreased by 2.37% in the last 7 days. Ethereum price increased by 2.55% to $2027 in the last 24 hours. ETH is positioned as the second largest crypto asset in terms of market capitalization.
2. BNB price has increased by 5.76% in the last 7 days. The Binance token’s price increased by 0.47% to $319 in the last 24 hours.
3. XRP price has decreased by 3.78% in the last 7 days. The XRP coin’s price increased by 1.31% to $0.4196 in the last 24 hours.
4. SOL price has decreased by 6.86% in the last 7 days. Solana’s price increased by 3.83% to $52.14 in the last 24 hours.
5. ADA price has decreased by 7.9% in the last 7 days. The Cardano token’s price increased by 2.31% to $0.5388 in the last 24 hours.
6. AVAX price has decreased by 2.12% in the last 7 days. The Avalanche token’s price increased by 10.30% to $32.36 in the last 24 hours.
The main meme coin, Dogecoin (DOGE), had the same trend as major crypto assets did. The DOGE price increased by 1.1% in the last 24 hours.