The crypto overview (May 16, 2022)
This overview reflects the current situation of major crypto assets, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, Cardano, and Binance. The previous week showed a dip for most of crypto assets. The global cryptocurrency market cap has increased to 2.73% over the last day to $1.31 trillion. According to CoinMarketCap data, the total crypto market volume over the last 24 hours decreased by 9.52% to $78.40 billion. The total volume on DeFi was $10.33 billion, which is 13.18% of the total crypto market 24-hour volume. Stable coins volume was $69 billion, which is 88% of the total crypto market 24-hour volume.
The dominance of Bitcoin as the main crypto asset increased to 44.35% compared with the data from May 9, 2022. According to the CoinMarketCap website, the Bitcoin price decreased by 10.16% in the last 7 days. In the last 24 hours, Bitcoin price increased by 2.06%.
Other main crypto assets followed the Bitcoin price trend.
1. ETH price has decreased by 15.84% in the last 7 days. Ethereum price increased by 2.72% to $2074 in the last 24 hours. ETH is positioned as the second largest crypto asset in terms of market capitalization.
2. BNB price has decreased by 13.7% in the last 7 days. The Binance token’s price increased by 5.08% to $302 in the last 24 hours.
3. XRP price has decreased by 21.94% in the last 7 days. The XRP coin’s price increased by 4.19% to $0.4383 in the last 24 hours.
4. SOL price has decreased by 25.27% in the last 7 days. Solana’s price increased by 11.46% to $56.07 in the last 24 hours.
5. ADA price has decreased by 18.40% in the last 7 days. The Cardano token’s price increased by 12.56% to $0.5872 in the last 24 hours.
6. AVAX price has decreased by 32.61% in the last 7 days. The Avalanche token’s price increased by 2.09% to $33.89 in the last 24 hours.
The main meme coin, Dogecoin (DOGE), had the same trend as major crypto assets did. The DOGE price increased by 2.07% in the last 24 hours.